Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative
What Is It?
The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative (ELI) is a global thought leader dedicated to expanding human potential through entrepreneurial mindset education. ELI serves academic institutions, government agencies, for-profit and nonprofit organizations worldwide to empower their constituents with an entrepreneurial mindset through professional development, certification training, and courseware.
ELI hosts this self-paced, modular curriculum for entrepreneurs based on The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program (Original Edition) is designed for a broad audience cultivating entrepreneurial thought and process.
Participants will consume video content, discuss and apply core concepts, engage in the entrepreneurial process, and reflect individually. As a result, participants will become more empowered and engaged by:
- Developing entrepreneurial attitudes, behaviors, and skills
- Identifying social and situational factors that encourage or inhibit entrepreneurial behavior
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating opportunities in ambiguous, real-world circumstances
- Identifying and interacting with entrepreneurs who provide critical guidance and ongoing support
How Do Patrons Access It?
Place this URL on your website. Patrons must create an internal account but does not require an email.
Training Recorded on Tuesday 9/14 at 1 pm
For the first time in decades, the slump in startup activity has turned around. During the Great Recession of 2008, when our challenge was helping users find jobs, libraries responded. In today’s transitional economy, what can libraries do to help their users discover their inner entrepreneur?
They can help them embrace the mindset that will be essential to their success.
Join us for “Your Library and the Pandemic Startup Boom,” a one-hour webinar focusing on how some libraries are working to cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit in their communities.
You will learn:
· The broader definition of entrepreneurship
· How library staff members are entrepreneurial
· About a resource that the State Library of Virginia has licensed for public libraries to help your library promote economic growth in your community
Presenter: Duncan Smith is the librarian-entrepreneur that founded NoveList®and served as its General Manager for 25 years. Duncan currently serves EBSCO Information Services as Chief Strategist for Public Libraries. Supporting libraries in expanding their services to entrepreneurs has been a focus of his work at EBSCO.
- Social media kit, handouts, buttons, and more
- Draft EIL Press Release (download and edit for local use)
- Coming soon!
Local statistics are not available for ELI