Find It Virginia for Public Schools
Find It Virginia for Schools updated 7/24/2023
Gale LMS Integration: Gale has Customer Success Managers (CSM) who will work with each school individually to help them get setup for integration of Gale content with a Learning Management System (LMS). Librarians can email gale.customersucess@cengage.
Gale in Context: Elementary : has been updated to authenticate in the following order: first, it will try to geo-authenticate, then will try the IP address, then will move to a log in screen that can accept a library barcode.
Google Schools/Classrooms: If you are a Google School, this video goes over the details of using EBSCO products in your Google classroom.
Please consider linking these pathfinders to your library’s website:
- Resources for Virginia’s military families.
- Inclusive resources for all Virginians with a barrier to library services.
As you may know, the “Explora” interface is the Google-esque search engine for the databases.
- Explora for Middle and High School Users
- Gale in Context Elementary This link takes you to the support page for assistance in searching, configuration and Google classroom integration.
- This link takes you to lesson plans, scavenger hunts, etc…from GIC: Elementary
Creating an internal EBSCO “account” For more on creating an account within Explora, as referenced in the videos, view this article. Creating an account within does NOT collect student data aside from a name and an email address.
Lesson Plans: EBSCO has created a pretty good sized repository of lesson plans on a variety of topics, including digital literacy. They can be found here: